Thursday, July 05, 2007

Antibiotics - Antierotics

I am not sure how it happened, but somehow, Adonis is topless in my apartment, serving me tea with honey and lemon, and tickling the bottoms of my feet while I try to shake this fever. Maybe I am in a delirium. He’s surely a figment of my wishful thinking.

I am also not sure how I got tonsillitis. Following the standard three-and-a-half-hour wait in the lobby of the clinic, the doctor told me what I already knew, and gave me the prescription I needed. I have ahead of me 24 hours of being highly contagious, 48 hours of bed rest and 10 days of antibiotics. I’m not sure for how long I will benefit from the tender lusting care of this young traveller, new friend, and temporary housemate, but I’ll enjoy it as long as I can, like any self-respecting single twenty-something woman should.

3 comments:

super lee said...

oh, how unlucky. but well done on coining antierotics. i like that. or don't, really.

get well.

Unknown said...

Feel better girlie. While I don't envy your ailment...I do envy your nurse ;-) A man who makes tea with lemon? Priceless!

Beth said...

Yeah, in the grand scheme, I am feeling rather lucky.